Rear brake lights(and rear window brake light) not turning off.

So i have this small problem. The lights even when the car is off and no key in the ignition the lights are not turning off. They are not even working when the car is turned on and i’m pressing the brakes down. Just stays on as if i’m driving with my foot on the brake. I have to pull the positive off the battery in order to get them to shut off. Sounds like a short of some kind to me, anyone know where i can start looking.

EDIT: I should of said in the title the window brake light is not workign at all. Won’t turn on what so ever.

probably it

ya there is a little rubber piece at the top of the brake pedal that gets old and breaks over time. if you follow the brake pedal up you will find the hole it goes in. just go to your acura dealership and tell them you need the piece that goes in the brake pedal and touches the brake light switch. this happened to me probably a month ago.

idk…i saw this problem b 4 and it waz either a blown fuse i believe or it waz a short…but it waz a easy fix

I’ll take a look at that but if its broke and the body rear lights are on i would think the top window rear light would always be on as well.

Where would i look for a possible short at?

I’ll bet that the 3rd brake lite bulb is just burn out. The plug breaking and falling out of the brake pedal arm is a very common Honda problem. I’ve had this happen on both of my G2’s and my CRX.

Any word on how this fix went? I’ve got the same problem now, but that little rubber piece doesn’t seem to be missing… :shrug:

Then either the brake light switch is bar or it is not adjusted properly.

Unplug the switch, do the brake lights go out? 94

Fixed it tonight. The rubber piece was gone, I put a piece of a polyurethane bushing on the bracket lookin side and rubberbanded it till I cant get the legit part. Quick fix ftw.