Da fuel pump! Cut the floor??

im pretty sure my pump is dead, how many have u cut the floor to get at it? i seen a picture on another post but i need assistance to know exactly were to cut!! any more pictures?

wait cut why would you cut i am sure theirs a panel under the rear seat.

have you check you main fuel relay

just drop the tank. do you get power at the fuel pump?

i tried the mfr in my other teg and it started, im gonna have to get a meter and check at the pump, i just wanna know where people cut the floor as im lazy

search. someone got flamed a few months ago for bringing up your topic.

:werd:

for the love of all that is holy and mighty, please dont cut the floor up.

I your going to do the job, do it right

I would just a hole in the drive seat area.
That way, I wont bother driving anymore…

pull out your back seat and take off the panel tada there it is

uhh that is some dumb shit.

I agree with what these guys said. cutting the floor out is not a good idea.

That’s actually the sending unit, not the fuel pump

Cutting a hole in the floor is as stupid as can be.

You aren’t serious are you, I just did my fuel pump last week, it took me 1 afternoon and I was taking my time. Even changed the fuel filter while I was at it, not that tough. Cutting the floor is probably the worst way to go about it and really won’t even save you that much time. Cutting the floor pan of our cars, even if it’s “under the seat” is a terrible idea. Do you drill a hole in the oil pan every time you do an oil change? Do you change your oil? I must be losing my freakin mind here or something, or maybe I’m just in a bad mood, I don’t really know.

well i was ready to drop the tank, i removed the plastic panel covering the lines in the back on the driver side and the lines are pretty rusty thats why i was thinking of cutting the floor cause im prolly gonna end up breaking lines so i was thinking this way would be easier, for u guys that changed ur pumps how bad did the lines look under that plastic cover??

I live in texas man; my db1 is the first teg that has even had a spot of rust, and even on it all of the fuel and brake lines are clean.

can i have your car? I will take care of her… no cutting up her fine ass, no being lazy and cutting corners.

Plus… 2 db1’s and 2 db2’s would be nice =)

I don’t think you’ll have to worry too much, the lines from the tank all have hoses connecting them to the rest of the fuel lines and they have enough play to lower the tank enough without cutting them loose, just drop the back end of the tank down without removing the whole thing and you should be able to slip the pump out of the top of the tank.

I don’t possibly understand why someone would even consider cutting the floor to access the pump. If this is how you do work, please take it to a mechanic and stop trying it on your own.

Do it right or don’t do it at all.

P.S. The people who were saying that the pump is accessible under the rear seat have never changed the pump themselves. what you are seeing is the sending unit access not the pump.

:werd: It takes about 10 minutes to drop the fuel tank. The fuel pump is in the rear drivers side top of the tank. Buy a new tank gasket when you install the new pump.

to change the pump you need to drop the tank. period.