Engine harness problems

Well, i picked up this 92 Gs-R shell and i am swapping in my B16a Second Gen OBD1 motor. I went to the junkyard to get an engine harness (the civic one on there doesnt work) and picked up an uncut engine harness out of a 92 LS 5 speed OBD1.
My problem is that i am missing a plug on each side where the engine harness plugs in. WTF. On the drivers side, there is a plug on the engine harness that doesnt have a connection on the main harness

and on the passenger side the is a plug on the main harness that doesnt
have a connector on the enigne harness

Does anyone know where these go??
Thanks in Advance, brothas.

im confused about this too

the one with all the yellow wires running to it should be capped off with a bus connector. that is, all of those wires have to be interconnected as they are for the injectors. the second rectangular one should have a plug at the firewall if it is anything like the obd 0 one.

eh?

still having this problem… someone out there must have wired an LS harness into a Gsr car… someone…

other than that, im still trying to figure it out

Well i can only crank my b17 with LS engine harness but it doesnt seem to start up. Must be that connector on the passenger side?

Three of the wires are different on the drivers side 12 pin plug; some of the the wires in the 6 pin plug on the passenger side go to the 8 pin and the 12 pin on the drivers side; and every wire but two that I have found are different on the passenger side 12 pin plug. Getting the car to crank doesn’t mean that the harness wiring is even close to being correct or that it would even run like that. I am almost finished with the wiring in this db1, but have yet to try and start the car.

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149695&highlight=b18a1+gsr

Seen that also but it is of little if any help for your situation or mine, let me repeat myself again, just because the two 12 pin plugs on either side are the same, doesn’t mean the wires running through them are the same or even in the same orientation. In fact it is quite the contrary. I will post my results sometime today or tomorrow. Every thing is wired up, and I am going to try cranking as soon as I clean up some loose ends and put the necessities back in the car.

yeah, not very helpful. thanks anyway :slight_smile:

it is indeed running… ill work on a diagram of the respective plugs soon.

:bowdown: awesome

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2055809#post2055809

I will post my pinouts/findings once I get the car finished in a spreadsheet or something.

I really appreciate it:ohyeah: