Factory alarm Removal??

Whatsup, guys. I recently picked up a 92 Gs-R shell im putting my B16 in and found it has a factory Acura Alarm, but i have no remote for this!

The alarm isnt activated as i have turned the car’s ACC on and it didnt set off any alarms or anything, But i was wondering if there was any way to remove or deactivate the alarm without cutting it out of the harness.

If theres no way to, ill just leave it in there. I just dont want to be in a position where i get the motor in and go to turn it on and nothing happens.
Any help is appreciated. thanks. :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure it is a compleatly separate wiring harness, it will have a series of “T” plugs, [male and female plugs of the same type] with the stock plug unplugged and the alarm harness plugged into the stock harness and the stock plug plugged into the alarms harness.
Unplugging the alarm harness “T” plugs and plugging the stock plug back into the stock harness will eliminate the alarm harness altogether, remove the starter cut relay and put the stock harness back to stock, [no alarm option].

The stock alarm for Honda/Acura back then was an Alpine 8021 without the impact sensor and a single plug on it for the “T” harness assembly, the alarms where not installed at the manufacturing plant but at the dealer.

If you start at the alarm brain and unplug the alarm harness and plug the stock plugs back together you should have it all out , [and car back together] in 1/2 a day. 94

Yeah, you can tell it was put in by the dealer.

Thanks, man. i appreciate the help.

I’ll post up if i have any problems

Soooo, i took the dealer installed alarm out. it wasnt that hard, i pulled one plug out of the fuse box, a fuse out of the fuse box, snipped the t connection on the lights and horn, undid the grounds, and cut/pulled the harness out gently.

My problem now is that the fuel pump isnt priming and the engine just cranks and wont start.
How would i go about solving this?
Any input is greatly appreciated as i hate dealing with wiring issues.

Thanks in advance everyone.:rockon:

Check and see if the fuel relay is latching. They might have had an interupt on one of the grounds. Talk about it, I am the middle of a wire labrinth myself right now.

its not latching, i turn it on, and instead of hearing the click and the running of the fuel pump, i hear nothing. Then it just cranks. i hate wiring…

Start by checking any wiring you cut, there should have been no wires cut to remove the alarm harness, all connections are made with “T” plugs with a ground maybe going direct to chassis.

Replace the fuse you removed.

Do you have a multimeter or 12V test light? 94

I do have a multimeter to check connections, but i have no time to do it untill this weekend probably.

the connections made were not plugs, that could plug and unplug, but more of a crimp onto a connector, thats why i cut them. i only made 2 cuts.
i guess ill try to figure this out this weekend

thanks , mi amigos’

On the haynes manual, I can see there is a relay on the start circuit, but haven’t seen anything about a fuel interupt. Of course if that was your case, the car wouldn’t be turning over.

The OEM alarm comes with starter cut, it does not come with ign. kill or fuel pump disable, because you had to cut some “crimp connectors” it sounds like something may have been added.

Where and what color are the wires that had the "crimp connections? 94

Ill get pictures up tomorrow.

I think the problem may be in the LS Harness i used. (92 OBD1 LS 5 speed)
it leaves an extra plug on the main harness (which i think controls fuel pump and injectors) and an extra plug on the engine harness that has no female connector for it.
I read about a few people that have the same problem, and dude thinks that the extra plugs are six for six, with the extra 2 wires being for the VTEC solenoid and the VTEC pressure switch.

But other than that, it makes sense that the alarm wasnt wired into the fuel system, as i only cut a wire to the horn, one to the ignitiong switch, and one to the lights. no wires to fuel pump of main fuel relay…

Thanks for the help so far guys, i really appreciate it.

Yea thats most likely your problem, The pinouts are not exactly the same between the db2 and obd1 ls harnesses.

Does anyone know where to get these pinouts other than buying a haynes/chilton manual??

Well I have been looking at both helms and haynes manuals, and I didn’t find actual pinouts on either for main to engine plugs. First I labeled the ecu by function and pinout, and then used a multimeter to discover the plug pinouts using that and the manuals. Done with the two 14 pin plugs and working on the six pin plug. That is for the non vtec obd1. I haven’t started the db2 side yet, but it certainly wont take as long.

I found the helms online.

you should make a diagram on what goes to what.

that would be awesome.:rockon: