Distributor elec connector removal help

Hey!

I did the requisite search - Im having trouble disconnecting the electrical connector from the engine harness to the distributor.
The pict shows that Im coming close to screwing the connector up, so I thought I would ask for help.

I’m replacing the distributor.

The smaller connector was no problem. Im guessing since its old (org 93), that the two pieces are fused together by dirt, heat. I assume you press down on the tab circled, which lifts what I think is the catch, and permits you to pull the recepticle in direction of arrow.

There is another connector like this, to the right of the engine fuse box, just left of the positive battery terminal. I can’t get that one apart either!

i’ve seen an old guy use a trick b4… u get a plastic straw to get in the way of the tab locking back down after u squeeze it. so it kinda keeps it unlocked. then from there u spray contact cleaner or brake clean everywhere on that thing. we can obviously see signs of u prying n stuff. but if u can… once its already cleaned out… shove it closer together then try pulling it apart by grabbing it as best as u can. u might have to grab the wires too, but if u are gonna do that, grab the bunch and not just one or 2.