Newer OEM Honda 6 Disc Changer into DA9 . . .

I’m planning on buying a 2001 Accord 6 disc changer and installing it into my 1993 Integra GS. Right now I have a 1997-2001 Prelude AM/FM CD deck installed. I wired the Prelude deck to an adapter harness to plug and play into my car’s stock harness, just like an aftermarket deck. I just don’t have the Prelude’s stock amp or amp harness installed. Is it possible to do the same with the Accord’s 6 Disc changer deck? Will I have to do anything different? Has anyone done this or attempted to do this? I’ve searched, but couldn’t find anything about installing the new 6 disc changer into an older car.

Should be plug and play if you already have the adapter harness setup for the am/fm CD deck, the plugs should be the same. 94

I hope so. If the 1998-2002 Accord’s stereo harness is anything like the 1997-2001 Prelude’s I should be fine.
I guess I’ll find out once I meet up with the guy selling the 6 disc deck. Thanks for the response.

:iagree: with fcm, it should be plug and play. i did just work on one like last month… and i’m thinking that its mounted slightly different tho if it still has the stock brackets for the accord. i believe there were screws mounting it from the side or something. and then that bracket mounted to the front of the din. bcuz on those accords, u had to take off the trim that went under near the lil tray… take off like 2 screws, then u pull the clock out, remove the 2 screws from there, push some tabs, then pry out the plastic trim off. then from the radio u unscrew 2 more screws that held it into place (bracket).

u might have already had experience with that if u got one from a prelude but i dunno how they looked.

Here’s what the Prelude deck looks like with the stock DA DIN pocket . . .
The Accord’s a double DIN deck. It takes up the whole thing, even the pocket space.

yea… but if anything just pay attention to the bracket for the accord radio.

I bought the deck from the guy late last night. I haven’t gotten a chance to mount it up yet. I was more worried about the wiring harness. Fortunately, the Prelude’s harness did fit. I’ll just have to find the wiring diagram for the Accord’s stereo harness and make sure they match up to my car’s original harness. Then I’ll make a bracket to mount it up properly. Thanks guys for all your input and help with this. I’ll post up some pics if you guys are interested. Thanks again. :up:

SWEET! I found the wire color codes on the interwebz. It looks to be exactly the same as the Prelude’s, minus 2 wires with different colors but same pin locations on the plug. It should be plug and play . . . Hopefully. I can’t wait to get home now and try it out. I hate working on the weekends. :read:

can you post a pic to see how it looks on your da?? pls:)

Yes very interested in a pic. This is something I want to try but haven’t decided what radio to go with yet

I haven’t installed it yet. I’ll post up some pics when I do though. :up:

After almost a month of laziness, I decided to get off of my ass and actually install the Stereo. Sorry it took so long guys. It’s nothing great or fancey to look at but, I like it.
Completely stock looking. I may have lost the DIN pocket but, I gained an extra 5 CDs and a awsome tape player . . . LOL. Anyway, here are a couple pics . . .

Excuse the dirty floors. I know . . . I need to vacuum.

Here’s a shot in the dark. It lights up green, not amber like the Prelude deck did.

^badass! looks real clean too. almost like its supposed to be there

do you still have the 97-01 prelude radio? if so…is it for sale?

Yup . . . still got it. I wasn’t planning on selling it though.
Make me an offer and if I like it I just might sell it to you. :smiley:

[QUOTE=TWIZIDY;2052850]Yup . . . still got it. I wasn’t planning on selling it though.
Make me an offer and if I like it I just might sell it to you. :D[/QUOTE]

i actually found one @ a local wrecking yard. it came outta a 1997 prelude so the connectors were the same…thank for the advice!!!

sorry to bring this thread back…but I might be doing this pretty soon so I was wondering where did u get your radio harnesses to make it plug and play and also what harnesses did you use. I know the wires just need to be mated up with the right colors and all…and also did you have to use the radio code to make it work??..thanks

You can get the adapter harness(s) from any car audio store.
Yes, you will need the code. 94

so once i get the adapter harness both of them just solder the right color wires together and it should work out right fcm…