A different battery light question...

This one has me stumped. My battery light turns on when I shut off the car. When I turn the ignition key on then off, it goes out. If the battery light is on when I start the car, the battery light goes off but my oil light flashes. Any idea of where to start on this one? All of the functions from the ICU work fine. So I am not sure that is the problem. My alternator tests fine, I even replaced it just to make sure there wasn’t a bad diode or anything, and I get the same result. (waste of an evening) Any help to lead me in the right direction to fix this would be great. Last desperate attempt would be to replace the ICU, but I am tired of wasting time and money if it doesn’t solve the problem. Thanks again for any ideas.
Kevin

personally i dunno what exactly is wrong, but maybe ur cluster is tripping out? or maybe the harness might be damaged?

Battery light

Well I have a spare cluster laying around, I could try it for spare parts from it. Pretty sad when you have spare parts like that sitting around for your car. we"ll see though