wiring question on neon tubes

ok, so i wired these 2 like 5 inch neon tubes to a switch, and then wired that to the “Accessory” one as shown here Wiring Diagram, the lights work during the day if i am driving around, but they are meant for night, and when i try to turn them on, they dont turn on right away, i have to like hit them to get them to turn on, could the cold have anything to do with this? or what? cause the past few times i have tried to show my family at night, and they dont turn on lol, and they dont and it makes me look like an ass lol, even though everything is wired right… whats the problem?

I would guess a connection problem, brought on by cooler temp.

When you say,

i have to like hit them to get them to turn on
do you mean the neon lights themselves?

What type of neon lights do you have, [make and model] do they have an “off-board” transformer or built in ones?

Which free pin terminal, [on under dash fuse box] did you use?

Any links to the neon tubes you have? 94

[QUOTE=fcm;2040225]I would guess a connection problem, brought on by cooler temp.

When you say, do you mean the neon lights themselves?

What type of neon lights do you have, [make and model] do they have an “off-board” transformer or built in ones?

Which free pin terminal, [on under dash fuse box] did you use?

Any links to the neon tubes you have? 94[/QUOTE]

yes i have to tap the lights themselves, or near them, i have no idea what kind of neon lights they are, my brother gave them to me, they have built in transformers on a seperate switch other than the main power one i wired in, i used the “accessory” pin on the left in that picture in the link above

anyone? FCM?

Check your connections.

Are all the connections soldered?

I’m guessing there are two leads to the neon tube, [red and black] with a small switch on the tube itself and you have grounded the black leads and connected the reds to a “main switch” and ten a lead from main switch to the free pin, is that correct?

Where did you ground the tubes to?

Move switch power to one of the other free pins, 12V+ constant or park light, [park lights will need to be on if you use the park light free pin].
If that makes no diff. connect the tubes reds directly to the free pin, [eliminate main switch for testing]. 94

[QUOTE=fcm;2040415]Check your connections.

Are all the connections soldered?

I’m guessing there are two leads to the neon tube, [red and black] with a small switch on the tube itself and you have grounded the black leads and connected the reds to a “main switch” and ten a lead from main switch to the free pin, is that correct?

Where did you ground the tubes to?

Move switch power to one of the other free pins, 12V+ constant or park light, [park lights will need to be on if you use the park light free pin].
If that makes no diff. connect the tubes reds directly to the free pin, [eliminate main switch for testing]. 94[/QUOTE]

No the Connections are not soldered, they are just twisted, i was going to solder them tomorrow at work and see if that helps, i grouded the tubes to the little metal crossmember thing thats under the dash on the drivers side… i hope you know what im talking about haha, i think that soldering the connections will fix the problem, because i think the temp. drop at night might make a bad connection like you said in your first post, and yeah you have it all right in the way you described the wiring i did