• Time
  • Show
Clear All

About vtec indicator light

Hi,i saw at TEG TIPS have a topic about vtec indicator light DIY,
    But without picture overthere,
    Hope some one can help me...

I have a 12V indicator light,
    Should i just direct wiring the light to ECu or need to use a relay for better?
    If using relay,
    Picture as below it's OK?

Thanks a lot

Use ECU output to trigger relay, [#86] but get power for relay, [#30] from an ign. source.94

Comment

Originally posted by fcm View Post
      Use ECU output to trigger relay, [#86] but get power for relay, [#30] from an ign. source.94
      Really thanks a lot about your reply...
      May i ask you a favor,
      Can you tell me the easy way please?
      I think is my language problem because nomatter how many time i read your post,
      I really cant understand it...............
      Please pardon me about that..........

Comment

The only thing you need to change, [from diagram posted] is the power for the relays #30 terminal, you now have it comming from the ECU, [split for #30 and #86] leave #86 from ECU, [relay control] but get power for #30 from someplace else, it can be any power that is hot when ign. switch is in the run position, [engine running].

That way the ECU is only supplying power for the relays coil, [less then 250mA] and power for the bulb comes from another source. 94

Comment

oooo i want

Comment

The only thing you need to change, [from diagram posted] is the power for the relays #30 terminal, you now have it comming from the ECU, [split for #30 and #86] leave #86 from ECU, [relay control] but get power for #30 from someplace else, it can be any power that is hot when ign. switch is in the run position, [engine running].

That way the ECU is only supplying power for the relays coil, [less then 250mA] and power for the bulb comes from another source. 94
            Thanks again...
            Picture below it's alright?

[#30]--key ignition
            [#87]--12V bulb
            [#86]--VTEC wire(Green & white) from ECU
            [#85]--ground

PS:Need to add any FUSE to prevent short circuit will effect ECU BOOM???Or just using 12V 40A relay only?

Comment

Install a 3A fuse on the lead from the ign., [#30] use 2nd ign. free pin on the under dash fuse box.

No fuse is needed on the ECU lead to the relay but a 1A diode should be installed before the relay, [#86], this will prevent "back-feed" from the relay to the ECU or vtec solenoid. 94

Comment

Install a 3A fuse on the lead from the ign., [#30] use 2nd ign. free pin on the under dash fuse box.

No fuse is needed on the ECU lead to the relay but a 1A diode should be installed before the relay, [#86], this will prevent "back-feed" from the relay to the ECU or vtec solenoid. 94
                Thanks again and again.....
                Totally understand all your sharing....
                I will follow step by step with some snapshot,
                And post on here...
                And hope some one can use it...

Comment

Working...
                X