Ground wire ring connectors

Hey all,

I want to replace the valve cover to chassis ground wire. Anyone know where I can get the similar brass(?) connectors? I’m just going to use 8-ga braided wire, same as stock. I’m located in southern Ontario Canada.

fcm? You around?

Thanks.

You can get them at Lordco or any electronic supply store, most car audio/install shops or find your local Pico dealer. 94

Thanks, I was having a tough time at Canadian Tire, NAPA etc. I’ll try a stereo shop.

Just don’t get those “pimp my audio system” gold plated ring terminals, they are poor quality and your paying a lot for the “gold” there is not enough gold on them to short circuit the dynamo on a firefly’s ass.
find a Pico dealer and get the brazed seam/barrel ring terminal.
It is important that you get the correct terminal, barrel must fit the wire your using and the stud size, [hole in ring terminal] should be as close as possible to the size of the stud/bolt/screw you are using, not doing so is inefficient.

Do you not have Lordco in Ontario? 94

I did a quick google search but didn’t see any Lordco locations outside BC. I think there’s a Pico near Toronto. I actually got a couple of those gold terminal connectors at a stereo shop, but the diameter is a bit big for the valve cover screw. I bought a couple of brass washers to close up the gap. Will that be sufficient?
Thanks.

It will work, but I would keep looking for the correct ring terminals. 94

Will do.

I get a wealth of helpful info from you fcm. Thanks! Appreciated! :up: