Best way to connect 3 leds? Pic included

I have 3 LED sockets which need to be connected to one power source, as shown in the simple image below. What is the best way to wire these up?

I was thinking a series connection for all 3 leds would probably be best so that I’m not splicing into the power wire three separate times, but I’m curious if anyone knows of another method. Perhaps even if there’s a splice connector that outputs 3 wires? :shrug:

Feel free to edit the image.

wireled.GIF

Voltage of the LEDs? 94

Yea if they are the little hobby LED’s they only need like 3 volts.

They are 12V application. I forgot to mention – these are the lights that illuminate 3 separate gauge pods.

If you connect them in series and one LED happens to go out… the rest of the LED’s will go out as well… a pain in the ass if ya asked me…

I just connect my gauges all separately…

I would try them in series as long as they are 12V-15V LEDs and not a lower voltage on a circuit board with resistors.94

You know I think these 12V 168 style LEDs have resistors in them already. Thus, if I were to do a series connection, I’d get 4V going to each and it would probably be very dim. I will have to do a parallel connection for these.

resistors!, or something of the sort.

honestly its very simple to test, just twist wire them all together and run wires from positive/negative on a battery, do it in the evening so you can see how bright they are, compare one to all three, if theres a different then you need parallel if they are still bright your good to go, or if you have more info about the led i’ll look it up i’m an electronics major been a while but i still have all the literature etc