Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Component Speakers

Collapse
X

Component Speakers

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Component Speakers

    I found out yesterday I can get a killer deal on some infinity component speakers. I have a pretty good idea of where i want to put the tweeters but I'm going to have to do some measuring before I commit. I have a 92 gs. Just wondering if any of you guys have component speakers in your DA's? Also if you have any pics of your install or tweeter placement you should post them up along with your thoughts and suggestions about this. Thanks!

    #2
    I have a two-way set for the front. The mid-range driver is mounted in the stock housing on the doors. The tweeters were double-sided taped to the dash just where the front pillars meet the corners of the dash, with the tweeters pointing up at the windshield. The tweeter wires were just tucked behind the pillar/dash paddings. No need to drill holes.

    Comment


      #3
      Pics are shitty but you get the idea. The main reason i did it is so that there are no visable speakers anywhere. Most people don't even notice the tweeter location until i point it out




      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by hb420 View Post
        Pics are shitty but you get the idea. The main reason i did it is so that there are no visable speakers anywhere. Most people don't even notice the tweeter location until i point it out




        Damn, that's looking pretty stealth. Did you just make a hole in the factory piece and wrap some fabric?

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks. Yeah i just cut a hole in it and fastened it down with a hot glue gun and covered it with speaker grill cloth.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by torralba View Post
            I have a two-way set for the front. The mid-range driver is mounted in the stock housing on the doors. The tweeters were double-sided taped to the dash just where the front pillars meet the corners of the dash, with the tweeters pointing up at the windshield. The tweeter wires were just tucked behind the pillar/dash paddings. No need to drill holes.
            How does it sound with the tweeters aimed up at the windshield?

            Comment


              #7
              hb420 thats pretty sick. good idea i might try it out.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by hb420 View Post
                Pics are shitty but you get the idea. The main reason i did it is so that there are no visable speakers anywhere. Most people don't even notice the tweeter location until i point it out





                Great Idea man, very nice!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by triskpin View Post
                  How does it sound with the tweeters aimed up at the windshield?
                  The effect is as if the directional, high frequency sound is being directed at ear level. The nice thing about mounting them at the corners (at least from my experience) is that the curvature of the windshield shapes the direction of the sound a bit so sound coming from the right tweeter gets directed to the left and vice-versa. I tried mounting all the drivers close to the stock positions in the door, but the effect was that you get to hear more of the drivers closer to you. I suggest that before you mount everything permanently, connect the tweeters to the amp with long wire so you can temporarily position the tweeters around the cabin and try out the sound. Once you've found locations that "aurally" suit your taste then only then should you work-out the mounting issues. Double-sided tape and velcro is your friend. use it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by hb420 View Post
                    Thanks. Yeah i just cut a hole in it and fastened it down with a hot glue gun and covered it with speaker grill cloth.
                    Werd, I just might have to steal your idea, hehe

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I did that with some tweeters that were sitting on the top of that cover. I had to buy some manual adjusting covers, helps with no drilling. They came out very well, and yes I agree with the high frequency is pushed more toward your face rather than coming from the floor.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I did exactly the same as Torralba by placing the tweeters in the corner of the pillar/windshield.

                        Pretty easy to run the wires under the dash and out of sight.. sounds awesome too.

                        The only thing with that method is that sometimes I get worried of the 100+ degree weather here in Cali... and the tweeters might be cooking in the sun.. but that can be fixed with one of those windshield visors...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X