LOW HORN will not turn off...any ideas?

went to my car (G2) this evening after letting it stand for a few hours and noticed that the LOW HORN will not turn off! Disconnected and re-connected the battery didn’t do anything. Fired up the car and drove it around and the horn will not go off still.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

I went to a gas station car wash, the ones with the really powerful jets of water, just before I let the car stand…could this have shorted or caused this?

Help :frowning:

Yeah it proabably shorted it. I had the same problem and ended up replacing the horns with OEM-fit replacement ones. Worked fine, but I had to drop the front bumper to get at them.

~Eric
PS: You “Can” remove a fuse in the engine-compartment fuse box (passenger side near windshield). Unfortunately, its the same fuse as the brake lights! Stupid call there by Honda, IMO…

not that this should friek you out or anything…but my bro’s 92 ls, caught fire the next day after having the same problem. It was assumed to be an electrical fire caused by the same short. Please carefully look into this and dont wait. FInd whats wrong and fix it. I know my bro’s teg might be a freak occurance, but seein’ that beautiful g2 burn to the ground in my driveway was not cool :down:

took off the bumper and found the driver side horn had shorted out…thus conking out completely. I’m now driving with only the passenger side horn cause the dealer part is too expensive:
-$68 and $37 (Canadian), I can’t remember which they said was the Low horn and which the High one.
-aftermarket horn, which requires splicing the wires, is only $25

Odd but both OEM horns are identical, I don’t understand why there is 2 part numbers, for a High and Low one?
Any clue for this?

I have a horn sitting on my table… Dunno which side it is tho… free if you pay for shipping :shrug:

same horn, different mount :stuck_out_tongue: i had to replace both mine after 12 years of canadian winters had them salted shorted… bout the 2 cheapo’s at canadian tire, droped the plastic under the bumper ripped out the old ones, thew in the new ones and away i went. don’t have to drop whole bumper, justa little easier than how i did it, and involves a few less cusses :slight_smile:

so the only way to fix the horn is to remove the bumper?
why did honda made this so complicate…

my horn doesn’t work, now i have to find out where is the problem… maybe it is my momo steering wheel wires or the horn button, or the horn itself

taking the bumper off is complicated?

yeah how complicated could it be??? :hmm:

lets see 2 bolts, 1 behind each bumper lense, and 4 screws, 2 in each fender well

easy to talk than doing it…

when i took off my bumper to put my 1pcs… took me few hours…

first, you can’t do it alone… i tried to do it alone the first time, and the bumper felt off BANG… i didn’t know

then to put it back on, you need someone else to help put it in properly… and then you have to align it properly, otherwise one side look misalign from the other side etc…

so yeah it is easy to do, but takes time…
just to fix my horn, i have to go through all that… other car maker would just put the horn somewhere easy to locate

I did the whole resonator thing is 45 minutes my first time alone.

25-30 my second teg alone.