Help- speakers dont work any more

Ok, so im driving down the road listening to music when all of a sudden all the music cuts out and its just bass coming from my sub. I figured it was part of the song or something, so i waited, and then just bass on the next song. I turn everything off and turn it back on and no help. I shut the car off and restart, no help. I pulled the radio fuse and no help. Same happens whether im playing a cd or the radio. The subwoofer is working, but the 4 main speakers have no sound coming out at all. The deck is a fairly new panasonic unit, (about 2 or 3 years old) and ive never had problems with it before. I would normally assume it was just a loose wire, but all 4 cut out at once. Any suggestions?
Thanks
-steve

Most aftermarket head units haveseperate “amps” for high and low level outputs.You may have a speaker that is grounding out. It may be blown and it is possible to have one or more. Chances are you have a bad speaker and it is tripping the high level out puts on your deck.Take the radio out and disconnect the speaker leads.Now hook up a speaker that is not on the car.that speaker should play, msake sure that all the other speakers are disconnected. If it plays, start hooking up your speakers.When the radio cuts out, you’ve found your blown speaker.Do the same for your other speakers cause there may be more!

also make sure that your wiring isn’t pinched/frayed. or that the terminals aren’t touching metal… had a guy come in to the shop today saying that his speakers were blown after he installed them and all it was was that the terminals were shorting to the rear deck in the car, causing the head unit to do exactly what you describe. Also have witnessed the wires getting shorted out when putting in new speakers - screw through the wires.

Good point, I agree.

and if all that doesn’t work steve, put your oem deck back in and see if the speakers work or test your panasonic deck in another car.

yeah i would drop an oem one back in. if ya dont have one i have an extra with tape player you can have to try. lemme know dude. that sucks i woiuld be hella mad. u checked the harness connections?