blown speakers ?

yeah i was just wondering how you would be able to tell if you blew out a speaker aside from just sound. is there a way to know by just looking at it? all of sudden, my rear passenger and my front driver speakers started rattling like crazy. i got a (1) 12" JL sub in the back, and it hits pretty damn hard. I’ve had it for quite some time, about 3-4 months now. it is seriously one of cleanest cars i have heard. but all of a sudden, RATTLE !!!

How to test a speaker to see if its blown :

Carefully push straight down on the cone of the speaker, do this a few times. If you hear a scrapping noise or you can’t move it fairly easily, it’s probably blown. You can also hook up a Volt meter across the speaker connections. If you get infinite or nothing - it is also a goner!

Hope you just need to tighten them up though :slight_smile: GL

Take the radio out of the dash and use a logic probe to test the speakers with out having to remove any panels. Unplug the radio harness and probe the speakers positive and negative wires. If any of them show a ground , your speaker is gone.A raspy-like sound should be heard with the head unit playing at low levels, if they even play at all.Screws also work themselves loose with bumps and vibration. Might just need tightening.

without having to remove panels?

as opposed to removing the dash panels?

If you don’t have the oem radio then you won’t have to remove any panels. Just slide the aftermarket radio out of the cage and disconnect the radio’s harness.It is easier to use a logic probe because all you have to look for is a ground signal.If the speaker is fine you should get a neutral signal.Or, if you want to be 100% sure spend a little time,remove the speakers or speaker and use a voltmeter and check the impedance of the speaker.