CLIFFORD CONCEPT 20: help!!!!

I’m not sure if anyone here has this alarm or has access to it.

I purchased a db1 which had this alarm installed, but the previous owner had some trouble with it and ended up yanking some of the wires out from the brain under the dash.

It was fairly simple enough to trace all the wires back and spliced them back together.

Siren works, keyless entry works etc…

But the one thing that doesn’t work when the system is armed/disarmed is the visual confirmation (parking light flashing).

Does anyone have the installation manual to this? I’d like to retrace all the proper wires and what not.

Thanks in advance…

I’m not familiar with that specific alarm, but Clifford usually provides a fused output to hook up to the park lights. It should be a white wire coming from the brain.

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

I appreciate your help, but having looked over a few of clifford’s wiring diagrams (none of which is specifically for the concept20), it says that there are two brown wires for parking light output, in which for single output wires like honda’s, you would just splice these two wires into one spliced at the parking light wire (green/red) under the dash.

Would you be willing to find out more in detail? Because even these two brown wires aren’t fused…

Reference: Directechs

Any suggestions would be appreciated… thanks

Ah, I don’t have too much experience with Clifford, becides the install in my own car. It was a Solaris 5 which uses dual white wires for the parking lights. Here’s the link: http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/clifford/N909610_08-04.pdf I thought I had remembered that the wire needed to be fused, but I guess not. It looks like your alarm is pre-DEI, so wires are a little different. You should be able to hook both brown wires directly up to that green/red wire.

I recommend following those instructions you have. They look acurate. Although it doesn’t hurt to fuse it just to be safe. :wink:

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

Yes… I think this concept20 is pre-DEI… but on a side note, I need to get my hands on an actual concept20 installation manual. The diagram I found on the internet doesn’t match (wire color wise) with the alarm that I have. According to the reference I forwarded you, it should have two brown wires. But on the alarm module, there is only one??? (that’s the part that confuses me.) The module still provides current to the relays for the parking lights because you can hear the clicking.

I just don’t know what wire it is!!!

help!

ttt…

Try metering it. If that single brown wire provides a positive voltage when the parking lights should flash, then hook that wire up. The only concern is that the supplied current won’t be enough, so you may want to add a relay just in case. Good luck!

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

Not trying to whore this thread, but Steve where could I go to get an installation manual for the crappy Carbine alarm the I have installed on my car. It came with it and I want to find out what accessories I can add to it. I believe its a CARBINE PL60 alarm. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I’ve already tried metering it prior to making this thread. It’s the weirdest thing because I’ve tried metering every one of the wires (while the alarm is going off) but none of the wires would have a supplied current when the alarm is triggered. But at the same time, the clicking for the parking lights are audible from the brain.

I was hoping someone would here would have more information on this alarm before I start opening up the brain. It wouldn’t make any sense if this parking light flash would be in the options would it? I would assume that it’s a standard/permanent thing to be activated through the brain.

Thanks and again, any suggestion would help!

Steve:

I was wondering if you by any chance know how to wire the valet switch for the concept20.

In a nutshell, the previous owner yanked out the wires that were soldered to the back of the switch. The switch is not the two button plainview switch that clifford is currently using, but instead a LATCHED/UNLATCHED/MOMENTARY style switch. There are three wires that are attached to the back of this switch; red, white and black. Would you by any chance know what wires go where…??? They were yanked right off the back of this switch so I have no idea what wires go where.

Thanks dude, your help is appreciated.

Sorry, I’ve never heard of that alarm, and only have access to the Clifford/DEI alarm manuals. Good luck though.

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

mdt115:

Unfortunately I’ve only played with Cliffords plain view valet switches. I would suggest going to www.carsound.com and joining their forum. The guys in the security section seem to really know the Clifford alarms well and should be able to help you with both problems. Good luck!

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

Hey Steve,

It turned out after all that you were correct. It had nothing to do with the wiring from the brain. It was a blown fuse (which you had mentioned about the parking lights being fused) located near the battery.

Although the valet switch is not connected, I should be able to live without it for awhile until I get more indepth with it.

Thanks again for your time and help. It’s greatly appreciated.!