X

Headlight out - What's the deal?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight out - What's the deal?

Well, I've had my driver's side headlight out for a while now. It's not the bulb though, the bulb works fine. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the harness (plug) because the high beams still work, and if i mess around and move the bulb around while it's in the harness, it will work sometimes. It seems like the bulb isn't making a good connection, maybe the harness is corroded?

I can turn the high beams on fine, but it's the regular that doesn't work.

I want to get a new harness but I'm not sure where I can find one. It's the one with the plug pattern similar to the three prong that goes into your wall (comes with the JDM one-piece headlights). Anyone know where I can pick one up at? And what it is?

Maybe there is something I can do to the one I have, like clean out the ports somehow? I already filed the prongs on the bulb's side and got them clean again, but I don't know how to clean up the holes for the prongs... Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Sam
    Well, I've had my driver's side headlight out for a while now. It's not the bulb though, the bulb works fine. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the harness (plug) because the high beams still work, and if i mess around and move the bulb around while it's in the harness, it will work sometimes. It seems like the bulb isn't making a good connection, maybe the harness is corroded?

I can turn the high beams on fine, but it's the regular that doesn't work.

I want to get a new harness but I'm not sure where I can find one. It's the one with the plug pattern similar to the three prong that goes into your wall (comes with the JDM one-piece headlights). Anyone know where I can pick one up at? And what it is?

Maybe there is something I can do to the one I have, like clean out the ports somehow? I already filed the prongs on the bulb's side and got them clean again, but I don't know how to clean up the holes for the prongs... Thanks for the help.
    any h4 harness will work from autozone,kragens,pepboys ect

Comment

H4 harness? I just went and asked about them and the lady told me that they don't have them, and that I wont find them anywhere besides a junkyard

Comment

Ok I bought a new harness, and it didn't work. I bought a new bulb, that didn't work either. I have no idea what's going on now.

The headlight worked fine in my other car until I had been driving for about a month. Then one day it started flickering, and finally it went out. Every once in a while if I move stuff around just right it will go on for a second.

I put the lights on my new car, same deal. The headlight wont work. It has to be something wrong with the connection down by the headlight right? Maybe I will re-solder everything... But if that doesn't work, anyone have any ideas?

The high beams, corner lights, and fog lights work just fine. It's just that driver's side driving light.

Comment

Working...
        X