alarm installation...help

whats the best way to connect wires from the alarm to the igniton switch?using connectors …what kind?
or
just winding the wires to another wire

The only way that alarm wires should be connected is to solder them, its the only failsafe way, every wire that you need to connect into has a plug someplace along it, in that plug is a metal “pin” , depin it, and solder the alarm wire to it, being carfull not to interfear with its ability to be repinned into plug. :stuck_out_tongue: 94

heat/shrink wrap is awesome too. It really helps to keep the job looking tidy. I would highly recommend. It takes no longer than to normally solder

solder and tape/heat shrink. only way to do it. Tap in where you see fit and then solder, then tape or heat shrink. Key point ro remember when installing an alarm - STEALTH! keep wires to a minimum and wrap them all in tape. the less a crook can see of it, the less likely they’ll be able to bypass the alarm and take your baby.run with factory looms and use zip-ties (wire ties) to keep it all neat and factory-looking.
just my .02

where is the best place to mount the alarm module???

Where no one but you knows where it is, including the people on this forum. :wink: You want it in a place that is very difficult to find as well. Remember that the longer it takes for a thief to find your alarm brain to disable it, the better your security system is. This includes making sure your wiring is impossible to distinguish from the factory wiring.

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

well said! depending on how crazy you want to hide it, the sky’s the limit - I’ve seen behind radio ( kinda cheese cuz if they rip out the deck then it’s staring them in the face) behind the cluster, high in the kick, behind glove box… entirely up to you and how far you’re willing to go to stash it!

How about this?
Not anywhere underneath the driver’s side panel.

Install the cpu in the door! I know it will take some time but noone would ever think of looking in there to disable your alarm. A good idea would be to use a back-up battery for your alarm too.