My high beam light on the dash wont go off

The blue icon that lights up on the cluster when you have your high beams on wont turn off, even when you have the high beams deactivated. What could it be? Im thinking probably the headlight switch is bad.

It is also the daytime running lights icon, although a little dimmer. it will come on if the lights are off, and when you release the E-brake on cars that have DTRL , [all Canadian Honda/Acura] so the problem may be there if somekind of DTRL bypass has been done. :shrug:94

Does it stay on even with the headlights off?

If so, you have either a bad ground in one of your headlamp bulbs or one of the filaments burned out and fell across the other filament in that bulb. Both will result in your high beam light staying on (dimly) and one of your headlamps will be dimmer than the other.

No the blue icon turns off when I have the headlights off. Also my car doesnt have DRL’s its a US model.

Then you’ve got either a bad ground on one of your headlights or a headlight that’s “half” burned out (a burnt out filament draped itself across the other filament). One of your lights is most likely dimmer than the other - swap the bulbs and see if it goes away.