I have a Sony Cd Changer and Going to get a kenwood tape deck

would these two work together? I have the wire from the cd changer that connects to the tape deck. The deck has the cd changer control, which i’m buying from a g2ic member and i was wondering would the brand matter?

I’m thinking that if both have the RCA input/output or some sort of FM transmitter, they would work fine. I have a stock radio w/ a cd changer in my bro’s Mirage.

ok. if you have a sony cd changer the best thing to do is get a sony deck that has cd changer controls. then you dont have to hook up the fm transmittor or use the gay side controler. you can control everyting from the deck. the sony decks are at a real good price right now. i just got a new one for a good price. but all you hook up is 1 cord. really easy

For some reason I like the side controller a lot.

You can pass it to anyone in the car and you dont have to focus on the road as much when you use it.

good point.
i hated the fm transmittor on that and satalite radio (too fuzzy and i have amps). I got a Sony CDX-M8805X for 200 bucks and love it. i can use my remote control to change my 10 disc changer in the deck. if my other deck would have had rca’s for the cd changer i might have reconsidered.
the one thing i cant do from the deck that i could before is pause it. but i have a mute
the cord installation i mentioned with the better deck is nice becuase you dont have to have a power, ground, and remote like the other way. the deck does it all.
just know the pros and cons before you decide. both ways sound better than what you had going

It sounds like you have a FM mod. so it will work with any HU that has a FM tuner in it :rockon: 94