Wiring Of Power Windows

Okay, I am currently upgrading to power windows on my 91 RS. I’ve searched, but haven’t found actual steps for the wiring. Anyways, I got the motors in both doors, but I am stuck at the wiring. I have the entire wiring off a GS. I have the fuses already there in the driver fuse panels (should they already be in an RS?) I don’t know where power window relay is located exactly, if someone can help point that out, that would be great. So basically I’m confused with the wiring. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hehe. Gotta show me when you get them working

For sure, just need to figure out the wiring.

The power window motor will work the same way a doorlock motor motor works polarity rev. and in most cases the grounds are switched , this means that both wires that go to the motor are grounded , and you “lift” one of the grounds and supply power to the wire, the motor runs one way, if you “lift” the ground from the other wire and supply power to it the motor runs the other way. that said, most power windows, [without auto down or up] use a DPDT rocker type switch to do the switching, one for the drivers door and two for the pass. door, this makes for a lot for wireing, so the ones I have done I install relays, [2 for each door, one for up and one for down] Use the switchs to trip the relays with a neg. link www.the12volt.com clik on relays under basics, then clik on doorlocks, then on actuators / reverse polarity, fused 12v(+) becomes switched fused 12v(+) to actuators, becomes to motor, [you need to do this for both windows] alarm (-) lock and unlock become switch (-) up and down, for the pass. side ,both drivers side and pass. side switchs must be wired to the pass, relays. another thing I have done is to install a DEI 530T window mod to fully automate the windows, [ it will do two windows up and down, you will not need the relays, as they are in the 530T :cool: 94