Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring Three Sub to amp for 2 ohm(Max Power)

Collapse
X

Wiring Three Sub to amp for 2 ohm(Max Power)

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wiring Three Sub to amp for 2 ohm(Max Power)

    Okay guys/girls PLEASE help me I have to do this install right the first time because I don't want to mess up anything or do it over again. So I need some advise from the audio people . I have a 1000 watt RMS amp which can be wired to 2 ohm bridged. Also I have three speakers that utilize dual 4 ohm voice coils and are 400 watt rms each. So my question is on each sub should I wire both positive voice together as the same for negative.

    Example: +----------+ and then run wire to encloser input, then to the amp
    _----------_

    #2
    is the amp mono or 2 channel? this is very important. you cant run a 2ch amp at 2ohms in bridged mode, i have never seen one that can. if you want to run the subs 2ohm with a 2ch. just hook up each channel to each sub in parallel. positive to positve and negative to negative to the amp and each coil connection.

    Comment


      #3
      Its 2 channel. Cool thanks, I guess thats what I'll do and just sell the other sub but I really do want to

      Comment


        #4
        When I say briged I mean combine 2ch into 1ch.

        Comment


          #5
          WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          I can get another amp that is 1X1000 @4ohms from my friend. Do you think is possible to hook the 3 [email protected] 4ohms. If so would I use the same wire style? Thank again

          Comment


            #6
            Some amps are stable at 2 ohms bridged, some even lower.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Luny_tunez
              Okay guys/girls PLEASE help me I have to do this install right the first time because I don't want to mess up anything or do it over again. So I need some advise from the audio people . I have a 1000 watt RMS amp which can be wired to 2 ohm bridged. Also I have three speakers that utilize dual 4 ohm voice coils and are 400 watt rms each. So my question is on each sub should I wire both positive voice together as the same for negative.

              Example: +----------+ and then run wire to encloser input, then to the amp
              _----------_
              There is no proper way to get a 2OHM load out of 3 DVC 4OHM speakers, so you would be better off with 2 of the subs, that way you could wire the VCs in parallel, [2OHMs] then wire the speakers in series you end up with a 4OHM load 94

              Comment


                #8
                that is what i told him.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Danielson
                  is the amp mono or 2 channel? this is very important. you cant run a 2ch amp at 2ohms in bridged mode, i have never seen one that can. if you want to run the subs 2ohm with a 2ch. just hook up each channel to each sub in parallel. positive to positve and negative to negative to the amp and each coil connection.
                  Well almost 94

                  Comment


                    #10
                    on my subs (AUDIOBAHN) there is two terminals...(2 positive, 2 neagative.) i hook it up according to the book that cam e with and the local shop... so hoping that this helps. the pone positive terminal is hooked to the opposing neagative terminal. and then the neagative and the opposing terminals that aren't hooked up go to the amp and as far as bridging you amp here is a diagram of some extent [..-..+..-..+] depending on you amp it may vary, but i hooked my 1st neagative and then my 4th positive, again deiferents amps may vary so

                    Comment


                      #11
                      if the pics show up then you can see how to wire it if not e-mail me at [email protected] and i will e-mail you the pics on how to properly wire all three so you don't hurt anything
                      nick

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by boosted teg
                        if the pics show up then you can see how to wire it if not e-mail me at [email protected] and i will e-mail you the pics on how to properly wire all three so you don't hurt anything
                        nick
                        cool, ok thanks I'll e-mail you around 12pm est time.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X