rewiring fogs question

hi,

I was thinking about rewiring my fogs using this teg tip:
http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/lighting/1.html

but something came to my mind…how do u guys turn off ur headlights during the day? im not sure if ur headlights are on during the day in the US, but in canada, most of our cars, the headlights come onto low beam automatically when u turn the car on and put the ebrake down…any suggestions/quick fixes to turn off the headlights during the day, and just have the fogs on?

Thanks a lot, and i hope this hasn’t been covered before.

yeah, that has been covered before. We don’t have daytime running lights in the US, I think it was mentioned that you can either pull a fuse somewhere or cut a wire. a search should find a few threads.

i just pulled the 7.5 amp fuse on mine.

just in the fuse box beside the hood release?

And my FOGS switch is on the opposite side of the steering wheel as the DEFOG switch. Is there any way to wire it to the DIMMER switch?

since it’s on the other side…just use speaker wire to extend the connection… don’t wire it to your dimmer… not even glow gauges work well with dimmers… wire it to the defrost w/ a speaker wire extend.

And for the DTRL…there’s a relay under the hood… search on the DTRL relay and you should be able to do it…

Honda/Acuras have freepins on the incar fuse box, there is a 12v constant, 12v acc., 12v 2nd ign., and a 12v parklight, none dimmer. use one of them. :up: 94