Power Distribution Blocks

Alright… so my current system is 4 aftermarket speakers, and a 10’’ subwoofer.

The only amp I have hooked up right now requires I use 4 gauge. Well I wanna get all of my speakers hooked up to a 4 channel amp now, so I started looking into the distribution blocks. It seems most of them accept 4 gauge to 1/0 gauge for the power connection, but almost all of them split the power out into 8 gauge.

My question is, since my amp needs to have 4 gauge hooked up to it’s power, and all I see is 8 gauge outputs off these distribution blocks, how would that work? Is it possible without damaging the amp and getting the power I get now?

Here’s the Crutchfield distribution blocks they offer… http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C9dqStP32v6/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=715&avf=N

What amp do you have that it requires 4 gauge? And if the distribution block is mounted close to the amp, it shouldn’t matter too much, there is a big difference in running 8 gauge 10 feet from the battery to the amp, and running it 6 inches from a block to an amp.

It’s an alpine MRD-M500, I don’t want to take a chance with anything above 4 gauge. Just how I am.

Your 4ch amp will only need an 8 ga, [it will be running Hi Pass] so run an 8ga from the batt. for the 4ch, it will work better that way anyway :hmm: 94