halo projector low beam

I got the 1 piece halo projector head lights and there is a sepreate bulb for high and low beam. I searched but I couldnt find the answer. I was wondering if I can take the 9004 bulb out of the low beam and put in a 9005 bulb? and would it give better light at night? or could I even put in a 9007 bulb that only used the low beam?

If they use seperate low and high beams then neither 9004 or 9007 bulbs will fit without modification. 9005 is a high beam bulb.

The halo projector headlights use H1 and H3 bulbs… H3 for the fog lights like stock, and H1 for the high beams and H3 for the low beams…(or maybe it’s the other way around). But either way those are the bulbs you use.

– Kevin

am i the only person who cant see with these h1/h3 bulbs.like tring to drive with just fog lights?

Yea I pulled the low beam bulb and it was an H3 and yea it is just like trying to drive with fog lights.

Also, is there another bulb that fits in the H3 housing but is brighter than the H3 Bulb?

Yah driving with just the fogs is a pain if you actually want to be able to see. I just do it for looks, but when I actually need to see, I drive with the low beams on too.

And even then, it isn’t that bright. Even with my headlights properly aimed, I find they don’t light up a lot of the road. Though I will give them credit for lighting up the sides more then OEM ones, and that is helpful.

I’m sure there’s some other bulb you can rig up to be more brighter, but I’m not about to do that. I do have a set of HIDs sittin up in my closet waiting to be installed in the fog lights…that should def help and look nicer too. I’ll let everyone know how it goes whenever I get around to installing them.

– Kevin

so your just going to put hids on your fogs?? that should make them pretty bright. Also, if you do the fog light trick all u will need is them and ur parking lights on which looks hot.

I did the foglight trick a long time ago, before I even had the projector headlights on. I liked being able to just drive around in the daytime with just the fogs on. It really came in handy though when I did put the projector headlights on though because the halos really stand out then, and projectors just look cool :slight_smile:

Check out my website for a bunch of pics of the headlights to see them with all the different lighting options on/off:
http://www.angelfire.com/dc/integra.

And yah, I def can’t wait til I get around to puttin the HIDs in…should def help with the lighting and should look pretty nice :slight_smile:

– Kevin

I tried to do the fog light trick but I couldn’t get the whole button out. I pryed the front cover off with a screw driver and I tryed to pry the rest of it out with a screw driver but it didnt work. What did you use to pull it out?

So if you had a choice between the projectors and the stock head lights, which one would you choose?

Ricer -

I just used a small flat head screw driver and pried the top part out a little first, and then the bottom. Then it all popped right out. But I’ve taken my dash buttons out so many times that you start to get used to how they have to be taken out. Sorry, that’s about as much as I can help you!

Blade -

That’s a tough question, kinda. For looks, I would def take the halo/projectors anyday, without a doubt. For actual function/lighting, that’s a toss up. The projector headlights (low beams) do light up more of the side of the road, in my opinion, which def is a nice thing. The projectors (foglights) themselves do about jack shit. The high beams don’t have the best pattern either but do shine kinda far. Again this is all my opinion. Overall I think I would still opt for the projectors for overall light output because there are more bulbs and more combinations of lights you can turn on to illuminate the road. I can def tell a difference when I drive in my bros 91 Integra, vs mine, when it comes to lighting, and I think mine, for the most part, is better.

When I get around to installing the HIDs, I’ll let you know how the light output is then too.

– Kevin :slight_smile:

Thanks dude. I think the HIDs will work a lot better as far as light output. BTW where did you get them?

I got the HID kit from the site http://www.misterjung.com. I bought them last march? I think. Anyway do not buy from them. I researched before hand and didn’t hear too much bad stuff or anything, but then when I started having problems with my purchase (not the quality of the item, but actual shipping delays and no communication), I looked around on the internet more and found they were an unreliable company.

The kit is good though. Genuine, unused Hella ballasts, and complete wiring, bulbs, etc, with detailed instructions. If I were to do it all over again, I’de buy a set off ebay, or a few other sites I found on the net. I just went for the best price I could get ($339 shipped) but I should have spent another $100 for better service, etc.

– Kevin :slight_smile: