Wiring LED third brake light in wing

Alright I did a search and didnt find an anwser for my question so thought I would ask. I have a VIS cf mugen replica wing with the LED brake light, I wired it up to my old third brake light wires from the upper glass mounted brake light. + to + and - to - when I pushed the brake pedal the two tail lamp brake lights came on but the wing brake light didnt, then the fuse popped and no more brake lights at all. tried this a couple times same thing each time. What is causing this to happen? do I need some sort of resistor or something? Those of you that have had to wire up a third brake light LED from the old upper glass mounted third brake light, what did you do? the wires arent touching they are insulated so i know thats not it.

thanks,
Jon

Are you trying to tap into the existing 3rd brake light? I’m not exactly an expert about auto electrical, but maybe by tapping into the wiring you might be causing a short. Although I have a 4 door, I simply disabled (unplugged) the factory 3rd brake light and cut the harness from the brake light (not the chassis harness) and wired it to the wing. I then simply plugged the connector back into the chassis harness. I’m not sure if this helps achieve what you’re looking for as the factory 3rd will no longer work. I just did this yesterday as I too installed an OEM wing with LED.

Does your LED taillight only have 1stage bulbs, or 2 stage,

do they light up when your lights are on & get even brighter when the brake pedals(are they supposed to)

or are they only suppose to be lite up when the pedal is pressed in?

if they are dual stage try hooking them up to your main taillight brake bulbs, if the fuse is poping all the time, I’d say read the manual read what amp the fuse needs, if its not super super low, there might be something wrong w/ the wiring. Um, if you can test the lights on another battery source and see if they even light up properly, hopefully the lights are not shot & will just blow fuses for no reason (i’ve had a deck do this.)

You are miswireing the wing lights, or there is a problem with the wing lights. :hmm:94

I sorta have a similar problem. I have a GSR though and came stock with the wing. When I bought the car the LED’s never lit up… how could I fix that and what could be the problem?