91 LS 3 door rear defog, inside light and wiper issues

My 91 has slowly developed these problems, I am mainly concerned about the rear defog.

1. Rear defog does not turn on when you push the switch–over the years it’s gotten less and less likely to turn on right away, but if you kept playing with the switch it would come on in time.

2. Intermittent wipers inop–again over the years this has gotten worse, I would set them on intermittent and get normal slow speed then in a while it would go to intermittent. Now there are just 2 positions for slow wipers :frowning:

3. Dome light does not work when either door is opened even though shoulder belts (motorized type) work correctly when doors are opened and manual switch on the dome light works.

I was told in another forum that the Integrated Control Unit could be the cause of 1 and 2, but at >$200 for the part I am not sure I want to just make a blind replacement. I also do not know exactly where the ICU is…:shrug:

The defog is my biggest issue, the wipers and dome light are no big deal unless there is an easy fix.

Thanks

–Steve

:

I would check the switchs, you said that the defog would work if you played with the switch but not any more, the dome light problem may just be bad door switchs, same for the wipers, although the wipers do have a control modual. :hmm: 94