H.I.D. Question

Good Evening G2 Gurus,

I did a search through all the forums but I’m afraid I could not find an answer to this question I have.

I have swapped out my oem G2 3peice headlights in place of 1peice projector headlights. IT came equipped with a wiring harness so it was very plug and play. No wire clipping required. A fellow in vancouver has an H.I.D. kit for a G2 integra but the bulb is a 9004. Has anyone ever heard of anyone doing a projector style headlight with a 9004 bulb coversion? I’m thinking there is no possible way to mount it as the bulb that is currently in my headlights is an H3. Instead of held in by the black round twisty clip thing it’s got a metal holder.

Thoughts?

-Rik

the main bulb in your 1-piece headlight is a h4h, not h3. h3 is for the foglight.

Incorrect I’m afraid.

In the regular 1 peice headlights, yes it is an h4h but in projector style (the style with the bulge on the front) It’s an H3. I know this for a fact because I’ve had to change them already.

-Rik

oops i misread, i thought you meant 1-piece jdm headlights. usually when the word 1-piece comes up, it is referring to the jdm headlights.

Seems like you’d have to f*ck up your projector housing to get a 9004 to fit where an H3 used to be.

:think:

I’m sure it is possible, but you would have to cut up the housing some to make it work. Just look for an HID kit with H3 style bases on the bulbs.