Teg Tips Foglight Rewire Question

Is it safe or okay to have your foglights on and the rear defroster on if you’ve done the rewiring from Tep Tips because you’re basically using the same power source for both? I was just wondering now that the rain season’s rolled around. Anyone know?

Should be fine, but there’s another (IMO better) way to re-wire the fogs w/o tapping your d-frost.

Check out the IGN.2 output solution on http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96629&highlight=wire

:werd:

I did my foglights this way, and run them any time the car is on. I’ve not had a single problem yet :up:

In my opinion, this is a better way that tapping the defrost feed.

i was just wondering… why do some people re wire the fogs?

The re-wire that is referred to above allows you to run the fog lights without having the headlights on, and also allows the foglights to stay lit even if you switch to high beams.

Wired as it is from the factory, the fog lights only work when the headlights are switched ON, and set to LOW beam.

Edit: Damn dude, I just noticed you’re in Issaquah… I live in Kirkland and work in Issaquah… :up:

why use the IGN.2 output, and waste a full power output on something that doesn’t draw any power? you are only drawing fractions of an ampere to switch the relay for the fogs.

Edit: Damn dude, I just noticed you’re in Issaquah… I live in Kirkland and work in Issaquah…

where do you work?

Independence. The IGN.2 will allow me to have the fogs on without the d-frost if I want.

I work at Microsoft, just off of East Lake Sammamish, on 51st.

Oh yeah over there kinda by albertsons, thats awesome. Good place to work too.

:up:

I don’t have to use my defrost to use the fogs. they are attached to the input to the defrost switch, not the output. I can use the fogs anytime the key is in position 2, independant of anything else in the car.

so then when you do tap into the defrost you can turn the fog lights on any time (even when the HL’s aren’t on) without turning on the defroster?

Thats why I havent done it yet, cause I thought everytime I turn them on the defrost will turn on?

no, the defroster will not turn on. All you are doing is using the defroster’s power source.

werd, thanks homie

for some weird reason , my fog lights don’t work and my friend who had it before me burn out one day but this is the weird part… the fog lights themselves are almost melted and there is a indent on both bulbs… i check the fuses nothing… plz help
thx

probably too powerful of bulbs. stock is 35 watt.