No Mid's - Sub still hits

(I know shit about electronics. There’s my disclaimer.)

I’ve got 2 amps (one for the mid-range, one for the subwoofer) and a crossover. My deck is working and the sub hits like it should but I’m getting nothing from the tweets, 6 1/2’s or 6x9’s. I have no idea, do any of you? Thanks in advance.

Is the other amp is for the speakers and tweeters? If so have you look @ power light or protect light to see if they light up.

G2icer, Fcm is really good electronics so hopefully he will help out and repsond to the post.

yeah the other amp is for the mid’s and tweaters. the thing is it’s under my seat and it’s a bitch to get at. thanks for the suggestion. what’s the protect light?

check the connections, check for warning lights. If one everything connected to one amp works and everything connected to another doesn’t, then the amp and it’s connections are the place to start.

Ditto all that :hmm: if the amp has a fuse pull it out and replace it, evan if it looks good, [vibration can damage a fuse] and like above, check the connections, make sure that the ground is good. :cross:94

I changed the fuse on the amp to the mid’s and still no sound. The power on LED on the amp is not on, so that means that it’s got to be a problem with the amp and not my crossover or deck, right? I’m tired of driving in silence. Help please.

If the power on LED is not on then most likely the amp isn’t on (LED could be blown, but that is doubtful). Check the wiring to the amp (power, ground, and remote turn-on), if all that is good then your amp must be dead.

thanks again

If you still haven’t gotten it working grab the manual for your headunit and see if you have to enable the RCA jacks from the head to the amp. Many heads make it so you have to enable them so they don’t have power going to both the standerd lines as well as the RCA jacks. As far as the LED not being on in my exp. the amp is either not getting a start up signal from the head or perhaps the amp does not power on till it gets a signal from the RCAs. Cheers.

thanks for adding that, kamui.