X

cd player turning on and off??

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd player turning on and off??

Ok, tonight when I was driving my cd player turned off and on a couple a times. It would turn off then back on right away. Then one of the times my headlights blinked when it happened.

Then when I finally got home I turned my car off and my headlights shut off too. I didnt think anything of it at first cuz my girlfriends car does that, but then I realized my car doesnt have that option!! Right after I realized that the lights came back on and the power seatbelts went forward, everything was off though for like maybe a second. What the hell is wrong with my car???

I have the exact problem right now (in fact it deletes my radio stations from the cd player when it happens sometimes). I haven't had the time to look into it yet (I've been lucky enouph that it has only happened during the day). All I can figure is that it's a grounding problem somewhere and when the car hits a bump in the road it occasionally shorts out. I don't know why it would change from grounded to ungrounded in a stopped state when you turned off the car though, I don't think your wieght shifting in the car would be enouph but who knows... just go at it with a continuity tester and a schematic (thats what I plan to do... I'll tell you if I figure anything out... not sure when I'll get to it though).

Comment

check your battery terminals. mine were loose and had similar situation. also can check your fuses under the hood for corrosion as a little crapola on the terminals and voila! instant weird things happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hunter
        Ok, tonight when I was driving my cd player turned off and on a couple a times. It would turn off then back on right away. Then one of the times my headlights blinked when it happened.

Then when I finally got home I turned my car off and my headlights shut off too. I didnt think anything of it at first cuz my girlfriends car does that, but then I realized my car doesnt have that option!! Right after I realized that the lights came back on and the power seatbelts went forward, everything was off though for like maybe a second. What the hell is wrong with my car???
        You have a bad power connection, at the batt, or input to engine bay fuse box, or at the main fuses in the engine bay fuse box. 94

Comment

Working...
        X