How to mount two units in din?

Ok this is a “I am just wondering thread.” I know how to wire all this stuff I just am unsure on how to mount it. This is what I am getting: alpine head unit + alpine HDD unit. I just want to know how to mount both of them in the double DIN opening? Its been awhile. :think: This is going in the teg.

maybe fabricate some custom bracket to hold them together at the back and bolt to the stock point?

You can use the “iso” holes on the sides of the HU to bolt them together, you will have to leave a little gap if you want to use the faceplate trimrings, you will also have to make a trim that will fit the DD opening in the teg, [use 3/8" or 1/4" ABS] the rear brace is no problem but you will have to do something to brace the front, if you make the trim to fit the tegs DD opening to fit nice and tight and cut two din openings in it, [insted of one DD opening] you can use the din sleaves for the HUs lock it all together using the ISO holes and the backbrace holes then all you need is the rear support to hold it all in, [just like they do to hold the OEM DD HUs] :slight_smile: 94

What would be the best thing for the trim and make it look stock? :read:

I used to have a pioneer unit with an in dash changer and all I did was buy the trim kit for our car. It comes with the pieces to hold the two units together and came with a back bracket piece to hold it in to the back screw. Just look on ebay. I forgot the name of it on the top of my head.

it won’t. you dont have a true double din, which is why it was said before you will have to iso mount it. No matter how you install it, it will always look different.

:bow:

I use ABS with a texture that matchs the dash and then if needed I will dye it. :up: 94

Thanks guys. I got it now. :up: