Climate Controls wires...

Are they connected to ignition in any way? Because my blower motor stops working when I turn the car “ON and crank it over” but works on all settings when the car is in “ACC”. Also when I was driving I saw some smoke come out of the plastic behind the steering wheel. I was reading the hyanes and it told me check on the blue/white wire on top of the resistor plug. So yesterday I was looking up under my dash and I saw the blue/white wire w/ bundles of other wires going the ignition(I think). So I was just wondering do you guys think is it okay splice that wire to try and do some trooubleshooting? ALso if you have any other solution please feel free to post.

I dont think they are tired to the ignition. But maybe to the switched 12v circuit.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the climate controls?

Yeah Thanks, Blade. Also I wire diagram would be really helpful at the moment.

When you crank your motor to start it all ign.switch power is off except ign. and starter, that way if you have left on a bunch of stuff,[ stereo, wipers, heater/air] they are not drawing power when the starter motor needs it. Im not sure I understand what your problem is, also what kind of car YMM ? :roll: 94

91 Integra LS

If you look at the ignition spot(where you put the key) there are three position “acc, on, and start”. When I have the key in “acc” my blower motor work fines on all settings 1-4. But when I put the key in “On and start” position and doesn’t work at all. And before this problem started happening I seen smoke come up under the steering plastic panels. I was reading the haynes book and it told me check on the blue/white wire on top of the resistor plug and everything looked fine when I checked. So yesterday I was looking up under my dash and I saw the blue/white wire with bundles of other wires going the ignition(I think). ). So I was just wondering do you guys think is it okay splice that wire to try and do some trooubleshooting to get my blower working on the “On” position? Also if you have any other solution please feel free to post.

Sorry, didn’t understand that it wasn’t working in the “on” position. I would say that the ign. switch is n/g ,[smoke] the heater blower gets its power from acc. yellow on a 91 teg , blue/white is ign2 on your teg, and because it works in the acc. position and not in the on position tells me that the contact inside the ign. for acc. is not working, you can test this with a multimeter or you can use a “jumper” from power to the yellow on the ign. harness, colors are, power is white/black or white, ign1 is black/yellow, ign2 is blue/white, acc. is yellow, starter is black/white.

At the ign. harness plug/plugs, there are more then one as they split up and plug into diff. places on the fuse box, use a jumper of about the same gage wire and jump from power to acc. with the ign. switch is in the on position, if blower starts to work you will need a new ign. switch.

You may not have to replace the whole switch just the back part, not the part with the key. :cross: 94

I’m all on a ignition switch :up:. BTW how in hell do you know all this stuff :slight_smile:

Have been installing car audio, alarms and starters for car for 30+ years, you tend to pick a thing or 2 lol :giggle: 94

I was just playing around with the climate control and other electronic components. It actually hook up straight to the main fuse box or the engine fuse box. You still need to put in the key to the " ON " position to turn it on. The wires will trace back from the fuse box to the steering column.

blah… I hope I’m making some sense if not. I can upload a pic of the wiring diagram.