Sound Deadening Material

Found a cheap replacement for B-Quiet and Dynamat. Its sounds like the same stuff as B-Quiet. I just ordered a roll of it and will let everyone know. Its called Protecto Wrap. Should be able to do your whole car with one roll.

Let us know cause if it works then I’m getting me some of that or peel n seal.

Although it will help, its waterproofing material not sound dampening material, it will work very well to seal things like doors, as good as Dynamat or B-Quiet, but for dampening no way near as good, but a mix of it and Dynamat,[or others] is a good way to get good dampening and keep the cost down. :stuck_out_tongue: 94

I found this on the both B-Quiet

B-Quiet® Extreme is a 1.15mm (45mil) thick composite mat which consists of rubberized asphalt with an aluminum constraining layer. When the paper backing is removed the supercharged adhesive surface forms an incredible bond to ensure optimum deadening performance.
and I this is on Protecto Wrap
Protecto Seal is a 45 mil peel & stick exposable waterproofing membrane. A tough cross laminated polyethylene film is laminated to an aluminum foil for UV resistance and weatherability. The film is then laminated to an aggressive SBS modified rubberized asphalt adhesive with a release paper on the bottom.
Its under Specifications Seems like the same stuff. I might order a sample of B-Quiet and take some pictures when my package comes in. It was shipped today so I should know something by next week

Dog, stay away from Peel & Seal…I had 3 layers worth fall off of my trunk lid this summer. Spend the extra bucks and buy some real sound deadener.

slightly off topic but… how much of this stuff is needed to do the interior of a 3dr, and how much weight does it add, total?

Here it is

I haven’t installed it yet but here are some pictures of the stuff. The first one is B-Quiet.

Here is the Protecto stuff I bought for $30.00 for a 9" x 50’ roll.

You can ask XDEep one of the moderators on here who does alot of these sound entertainment system.

and in conclusion . . . . . ?

So whats the outcome??? :cross:

Installed it yesterday and ran out of light to take pictures. I will take some Sunday and post them. I really dont have anything to compare it to cause I never have use Dyanmat or B-Quit. I can say that it does work really well. I can notice a big drop in road noise coming into the interior of the car. This stuff really does a good job. The cost is the best part. You should save over half by buying this stuff instead of B-Quiet. Like I said I bought a roll of it that is 9 inchs wide by 50 feet long for $32.00. I will have enough to do two doors. Thats putting it inside the door cavity and on door frame.

Is that price shipped? B-quiet is $1 per square foot on Ebay before shipping, you got 37.5 square feet for $32.

i just talked to dynamat and got sponsored so i have all dynamat in the car for FREE.

Screw dynamat, that shit weighs & costs nuff-a-lot.

They were doing some construction in the building that I work in and they use some shit that is kinda like insulation but it has some foily mousepad on either side. They use it to surpress the noises of heating and cooling fans and elevator motors.

So I got ahold of some scrap peices and split it in half. then I put some around my door speakers(kenwood components) just like you do with dynamat, then I put some around my back dash speakers(previously upgraded to 8" kicker) and it sounds nice and clean no rattles whatsoever.10xbetter than before(it kinda reminds me of my home theatre system) and that’s with no subs or amp in the car at the moment.(I took the system out cuz I had to park outside for a month).

I still have enough of the stuff to do my whole trunk but at this point the gf is still complaining about the bass shaking the whole car.

I’m probably going to finish up this project and reinstall my amp & subs sometime this week. I’ll let you know how it turns out.