Dash Console lights out sometimes. Ideas?

Occasionally I’ll be rolling down the road at night and when I look down to check my speed, the light are gone! All other lights are fine. If I turn the headlights off and back on again (not recommended while driving) they may come back on. Sometimes they go to ‘parking light’ mode. My son had installed some Indiglo gauges in the car a couple of years ago with a dimmer and I suspect that may be the source of the problem. Should I start checking for loose wires starting from the gauge dimmer? If it was a fuse problem, I would think the other lights on that circuit would be affected too. Thoughts?

I would say first check fuses. Then if they are ok, go about checking the wiring. To me it sounds almost like a loose connection.

from another old dude its the Indiglo unit or its wireing all th dash lights are on the same fuse. :idea: 94

i think i just had this same problem just 10 min ago… but all my lights work on the dash but the ones on the hot and cold knob and the fan knob… i hit the dash with my hand and the light comes back…

That is a bad connection to that set of dash lights :idea:94