car alarm to sesitive, where could the sensitive switch be?

i just had my remote start/pager alarm system installed on friday night and the same night a cat set off the car alarm setting off the pager waking me up at 4AM all the cat had to do is jump on the hood, then just today my aunt was hosing off her car and the hose bumped into my car door making the car chirp at her and setting off the pager saying warning!!, then about an hour ago my dad started up his durango (headers and exhaust) making the car chirp at him and also setting off the pager, then just now i got curious so i armed the alarm and gave the passenger door a very light kick i mean jus enough to make a very silent thunk but not even put much of a print of dust on the car and the alarm go’s screeming, and iv looked allover for the sensor where could it be? im going back to the shop tomarrow and im going to ask them to turn it down but i dont think i could stand another night with it being that sensitive :squint: :mad: where could the sensor be? so i could turn it down myself?

depends where the guys mounted the shock sensor…
it should have a dail to turn

shock sensor…thats what thats called i forgot for a sec, yea thats what im asking for where could they have put it so i could check and see if i could find it, i know what it looks like since im the dumbass that turned it up before they installed it :rant: :bang:

they sshould know./
there is no place that is 100% there

sometimes its on the wires on under the sterring colum…sometimes its other places
all depends on the installer.

look for the alarm moldule itself and trace wires that are hooked up to it…

:up: dont want to take anything apart ill have them turn it down tomarrow

look for it
not take it apart

That’s what I would recomend. They should be able to adjust it the way you like it.

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

If installed properly you should be able to kick a tire real hard and nothing should happen, but if you “crack” a lugnut free it should trip into full alarm, the warning chirps should take more then a lite tap to trip. :tsk:94

right now my DB1 is in the shop getting the finished touches installed and the alarms shock sensor turned down abit, i almost forgot to ask it when a blue civic SI with loud exhaust zipped past my DB1 as i was talking to the employee of street beat, my car chirped and the pager in my pocket started going off then i remembered to ask him, he said “its to sensitive?” i said “yea its going off right now cuz a civic drove past it” :violin:

Where and how an impact sen. is mounted will make a big diff. on how it works, if its mounted so you have to turn sen. up to high to get it to work then most anything will set it off, [ even Honda civics] but if mounted properly the sen. adjustment can be a lot lower so someone driving by or your cat jumping on the car, [although I can do without paw prints on the hood of my car] will not trip the alarm,[maybe warn a way for the cat].
The impact sen. should not be tripping the warn a way or the full alarm unless there is contact with the car. :ok: 94