Pionner audio in the car

okay, so I got my pioneer CD player… I need to travel with the car and I don’t have my din kit yet, any ideas of how may I fix the pioneer CD player without buying the damn kit??

If you’re talking about the wiring harness (I’d definately recommend one!!), you just plug the harness into the stock harness, and then match colors for the wires on your deck. If you don’t have the harness, you can hard-wire it, although I’d HIGHLY recommend getting a harness as it saves much time and headaches.

If you are referring to the plastic trim piece that holds the cd player into the dash (since the stock radio and pocket thing are too big for just the cd player), you really do need it unless you want to make it really ghetto with zip-ties, tape, or whatever. Get the kit ASAP. :slight_smile: PS: you can get one with the pocket thing below it for a very stock look – I like mine and it fits like a glove.

~Eric

I actually got it the old wire harness from my stock player and used it to wire my pioneer. I missed out on only one wire which I hard wired. (i hard wired the pioneer to the cut wire harness for my stock player).

but I’m talking about fixing the pioneer player back in. I don’t want getto. Any recomendation of where to get it online?? Shall I just buy a din kit??

crutchfield.com will have it online.
Most local shops will have (or be able to order) the kit for you.

I’d go w/ crutchfield, as they are very trustworthy, have great shipping, and send instructions for anything. LOL

~Eric

thanks dude!

no prob

I would suggest nothing else other than buying the kit and the harness and doing it the right way. I get little kids into my shop (Tweeter) all day long with ghetto installs. Nothing makes you look and feel worse than having a brand new CD player flopping around everywhere. The kit AT THE MOST is $15. The same goes for the harness. I know the cost on these is about $4 at the most each, so if you go to a small shop, try to make a deal with them. DO NOT GO TO CIRCUIT CITY, they will charge you $18 each. Don’t hardwire the deck, it only causes future headaches and problems. Leaving the install bay now…30 minute drive in the LS home…yesssssss.:smiley:

-Nick

hey what kinda Pioneer deck? I just got mine today (deh-6400) the one with el display. Getting it installed right now (hey free installation might as well let them handle it not me!) can’t wait to get it back tomorrow and see how it works!